Gran Habano Cigars are extremely rich in both history and flavor. From the deep family traditions passed on from generation to generation to the impeccable business operations, this brand of cigars is a necessity for any true collection. The Gran Habano Cigar brand offers up a variety of unique tobacco blends to choose from making them accessible to levels of cigar smoking interests and taste preferences.
Don Guillermo Rico was the third generation in deeply planted cigar making roots. Beginning as early as 1920, his grandfather launched his position in the tobacco farming industry. The legacy continued on when his father joined in on the hard work and ultimate success. The intensive labor of his father working hands on in the fields and the expert cigar rolling of his mother were the examples Don Guillermo grew up with. It is not surprising that such family dedication and tradition would lead him to follow in their footsteps.
After relocating from Honduras to the United States in 1995 he initially worked in the cabinetry business and created cigar boxes on the side. He couldn’t deny where his heart was, though, and eventually established his own business. GR Tabaqueros Unidas, as it was called, began with selling tobacco leaves to other successful cigar producers in Florida. In 1998, his hard work paid off with the opening of his own cigar production factory in Miami. Their production and work force grew by leaps and bounds over the years as Don Guillermo bought up various prime tobacco farms in Nicaragua, Columbia, Panama, and Costa Rica. His stake in the industry was immense and proved that dreams do come true.
Gran Habano Cigars was the 2003 product of his true family tradition and quality craftsmanship. These handmade, long-filler smokes consist of five individual blends that utilize tobacco from each of his farming locations.
• Blend #1 is a mild to medium bodied cigar that pairs an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper with a Nicaraguan binder and filler. It is a smooth and aromatic smoke that provides a rich and creamy flavor palette.
• Blend #3 is a more complex medium bodied cigar that blends the tobaccos of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Mexico. The Nicaraguan Habano wrapper compliments the full flavor throughout the smoke.
• Blend #5 has the most intense blend of the family with a combination filler of Costa Rican and Nicaraguan tobaccos. The binder is of Costa Rican decent while the wrapper is a fiery Nicaraguan Corojo.
• The Gran Habano 3SLS is another full-bodied piece comprised of a shade-grown Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper and a unique filler blend of Costa Rican, Nicaraguan, and Columbian tobaccos.
• Gran Habano Cabinet Selection is another flavorful, full bodied cigar that sports a flawless Cuban-seed Corojo wrapper. The filler is strictly Nicaraguan tobacco leaves that burn slow and easy all the way through.
Each Gran Habano Cigar demonstrates the uniformity that is of great importance to Don Guillermo. From the farm to the production line, each cigar is intricately inspected throughout the process including a draw-test before the final wrapping is done.
Gran Habano Cigars are a true testament to what deep family roots and tradition can bring out in an individual’s dedication. Building his brand from the ground up, Don Guillermo dreamed of creating high quality, consistent cigars and that he did. From the #1 to the Cabinet Selection, these consistent smokes are an ideal addition to the personal humidor of any true cigar smoker.